A lot has changed since we bought Grange Farm in 2010 and received Outline Consent in 2014:
- the proposed Further Education and Sports Campus at the south east corner of the development is no longer needed, and has come forward in different locations within the development
- the need for land to allow for a realigned A141 – an outer ring road – has been requested, although no firm route has been established
- Huntingdonshire District Council’s Local Plan is seeking an additional 1,500 homes at Alconbury Weald.
The area to the east of the current Grange Farm and the proposed Country Park would become a new community: building the additional homes needed but in a low density and low impact approach, which protects the strengths and identities of local communities.
Prestley Country Park provides the starting point for inspiring this new village community:
- sitting on the main infrastructure routes to Huntingdon
- nestling amidst the local villages, supported by the centre of Alconbury Weald
- close enough to Huntingdon to enjoy the best that rural and urban can offer
- respecting the separation between the Stukeleys and Alconbury Weald
- working with the principles of the Country Park
- low density, green setting
- providing additional facilities for Stukeleys residents on their doorsteps.